Strongman is an inclusive sport, and as such we decided to make this the most inclusive competition we’ve ever held, and we think has ever been held in the country. Valhalla Strength – South Brisbane are proud to announce that for the first time at a single competition, we will be holding all possible classes for competitors – Novice, Open, Masters, Adaptive – Standing and Adaptive – Seated. This is to ensure that everybody, regardless of physical abilities or age, has a chance to compete on as level of a playing field as possible.
Note: for novice classes, you cannot ‘win’ or ‘place’. This is purely a class to give competitors who are brand new the taste of a large competition, and gain valuable experience from competing with experienced competitors.
Female Weight Classes
- Novice Women
- Lightweight Women (<62.5kg)
- Middleweight Women (<72.5kg, <82.5kg)
- Open Women (>82.5kg)
- Masters Women (run with the 72.5kg women)
- Adaptive Women – Seated
- Adaptive Women – Standing (run with the <62.5kg Women)
Male Weight Classes
- Novice Men
- Lightweight Men (<80kg)
- Middleweight Men (<90kg, <105kg)
- Open Men (>105kg)
- Masters Men (run with the <90kg Men)
- Adaptive Men – Seated
- Adaptive Men – Standing (run with the <80kg Men)
Note: Adaptive classes will be run pending competitor numbers. All seated classes will have modified events, but the standing classes will run with the lightweight divisions.